Digital Forensics - an Overview
Digital Forensics, also known as Digital Forensic Science or Computer Forensic Analysis involves examination / investigation / analyzation / recovery of computer-based forensic evidences across various digital devices. It is a part of the forensic science field. Digital Forensics Experts / Digital Forensic Science Experts / Computer Forensic Analysts are generally employed in computer related crimes investigation firms, law enforcement offices or in other government offices.
Different Types of Digital Forensics
Some are listed below:
- Stochastic Forensics
- Network Forensics
- Mobile Device Forensics
- Live Analysis
- Forensic Data Analysis
- Data Recovery
- Computer Forensics
What Do Digital Forensic Experts Do?
Few of their many duties are listed below, they:
- Investigate and gather hidden / deleted data and other information from computers, servers, networks, disk drives, floppy disks, computer programs, pen drives, media devices, mobile phones, tabs, iPads, and more
- Handover forensic evidences / information in a readable format to the concerned authorities
- Keep accurate logs / sequence of duties executed
- Follow all state / federal laws and limitations
- Conduct digital / media / malware / vulnerability / intrusion / safety analysis
Forensic Computer Analyst Salary
According to Payscale, Forensic Computer Analysts’ median salary was $68,666 and their highest reported salary was $115,992.