Texas is classified as the second largest state in the United States by both area and population. Dallas–Fort Worth and Greater Houston are the 4th and 5th biggest metropolitan regions in the country, respectively. Austin, Texas is estimated as the 2nd most inhabited state capital in the U.S., according the Wikipedia.
The weather in Dallas can reach highs of 36°C (96°F) in the sweltering summer months and lows of 3°C (37°F) in the winter months with little amount of snowfall in January and February. Winter in Texas can frequently fluctuate between sunny, warm days to chilly and snowy weather. Large area of highly populated cities and favorable weather conditions makes Texas an ideal place for the need of sophisticated cooling systems. Many HVAC/R companies offer various levels of HVAC/R jobs to qualified Heating and Air Conditioning Mechanics and Installers, across the state of Texas throughout the year.
HVAC Industry/HVAC Job Prospects in TX
According to the Careeronestop.org, the state of Texas has approximately:
- • 41% of Heating and Air Conditioning Mechanics and Installers were high school diploma or equivalent holders.
- • 11% of Heating and Air Conditioning Mechanics and Installers had completed less than a high school diploma.
- • 28% of Heating and Air Conditioning Mechanics and Installers had some college or no degree.
- • Salaries reported for Heating and Air Conditioning Mechanics and Installers were between $27,900 to $65,340.
Aspiring HVAC/R Industry Employment Seekers
Listed here are some of the interesting points relevant to the HVAC industry employment seekers in Texas:
According to Careeronestop.org, Texas had boasted around 26,370 job openings for the Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers in 2016 and it is expected to go up to 32,560 in 2026. It is a huge 24% change. Careeronestop.org also predicts 3,410 new jobs for Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers, annually.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (May 2017 Statistical Data):
- • Houston-The Woodlands-Sugar Land, TX and Dallas-Plano-Irving, TX Metropolitan Division were ranked as high employment level providers in metropolitan areas for the Heating and Air Conditioning Mechanics and Installers in the USA with an annual mean wage of $48,390 and $50,530, respectively.
- • Texas boasted as one of the highest employment level providers in the United States for Heating and Air Conditioning Mechanics and Installers with an annual mean wage of $45,410.