Indiana Education System
The Indiana education system is categorized into:
- Private/Public schools
- Public charter schools
- Public magnet schools
- Online schools
- Home schools
According to ballotpedia.org, Indiana boasted 1925 schools, out of which there were 27 vocational schools in 2012-2013.
Aspiring welders looking for financial aid must fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Financial Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is used to decide eligibility for most type of federal, state, and local aid. Students must also contact their college’s financial aid office to find out that whether their FAFSA form has been acknowledged and to find out about other financial aids/scholarships/grants/waivers they may be eligible to get.
The Indiana State Division of Student Financial Aid Office assists aspiring students to apply for other available/suitable state financial aid as well.
Types of Financial Aid Available in Indiana
Listed below are some of the many available student aids:
- The Frank O’Bannon Grant Program
- The 21st Century Scholars Program
- EARN Indiana
- The Part-Time Grant Program
- Mitch Daniels Early Graduation Scholarship
- Grants (federal, state, institutional), including Pell and Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG)
- Adult Student Grant
- Workforce Ready Grant
- Loans, such as Perkins, Stafford, and Parent PLUS loans
- Fee waivers
- Employment, including work-study programs
Listed below are some of the post secondary student aid that students could consider (provided they qualify and submit all the required documents/proofs required):
- Fee exemptions/waivers
- Financial aid for students with a disability
- Public postsecondary career education student assistance
- Work experience program
- State student aid
About Occupational Employment and Wages for Aspiring Welding Technicians
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (May 2017 Statistical Data):
- Indiana had a total of 13,740 Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers with an annual mean salary/wage of $39,090 and 3,070 Welding, Soldering, and Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, and Tenders with an annual mean salary/wage of $33,680.
- Elkhart-Goshen, IN was ranked as the highest concentration job provider in the metropolitan area in the nation with an annual mean salary/pay of $38,420 for the Welders, Cutters, Solderers, and Brazers.