Colorado is the 8th most extensive and 21st most populous states in the USA. The calculated population of Colorado was 5,695,564 in 2018, which is an increase of 13.25% since the 2010 United States Census according to the Wikipedia. Extreme weather changes are common in Colorado, thankfully though the majority of extreme weather occurs usually in the least populated areas of Colorado.
Colorado enjoys an average of 300 days of deep blue skies, abundant sunshine and low humidity. Colorado’s weather is also comparatively pleasing in the winter months. This weather pattern makes it easier to work outdoors. In case you like hands-on work and are fascinated working mostly outdoors, you may enjoy working as a Heating and Air Conditioning Mechanic and Installer in CO. The pay is pretty good too. Many HVAC/R companies are offering various levels of HVAC/R jobs to qualified Heating and Air Conditioning Mechanics and Installers, across Colorado.
HVAC Industry/HVAC Job Prospects in CO
According to the Careeronestop.org, the state of Colorado has approximately:
- 41% of Heating and Air Conditioning Mechanics and Installers were high school diploma or equivalent holders.
- 11% of Heating and Air Conditioning Mechanics and Installers had completed less than a high school diploma.
- 28% of Heating and Air Conditioning Mechanics and Installers had some college or no degree.
- Salaries reported for Heating and Air Conditioning Mechanics and Installers were between $33,810 to $81,950.
Aspiring HVAC/R Industry Employment Seekers
Listed here are some of the interesting points relevant to the HVAC industry employment seekers in Colorado:
According to Careeronestop.org, Colorado had boasted around 5,410 job openings for the Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers in 2016 and it is expected to go up to 7,480 in 2026. It is a huge 38% change. Careeronestop.org also predicts 820 new jobs for Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Mechanics and Installers, annually.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (May 2017 Statistical Data):
- The annual mean salary/pay for Heating and Air Conditioning Mechanics and Installers in CO was $57,070.
- Northwest Colorado nonmetropolitan area boasted as one of the top paying nonmetropolitan areas for the Heating and Air Conditioning Mechanics and Installers in the USA with an annual mean wage of $59,440.