Challenges Faced by Medical Office Assistants
Some of the challenges faced by Medical Office Assistants are listed below:
- Low Wages: Medical Office Assistants receive lower wages while compared to most health care careers.
- Re-certification: They need to re-certify / or need to update their knowledge every few years.
- Tiresome: It requires quite a bit of patience and excellent memory. It can be a bit tiresome at times.
Some of the Difficulties Faced by Medical Office Assistants
Some of the factors that determine the success or failure of Medical Assisting practice are listed below:
- Competencies of other health care professionals and physicians
- Codes / methodologies / data gathering systems used by other health care professionals, physicians and insurance companies
- Lack of support from the hospital administration and other staff
- Non-cooperation from patients, other health care professionals, physicians and insurance companies
- Qualitative research process
- Legal restrictions
- Ethical issues
- Time constraints
Advantages of Being a Medical Office Assistant
Listed below are some:
- Increase in ageing population has resulted in high requirement for Medical Office Assistant services
- The ever growing number of healthcare facilities and their dependence on insurance companies and insurance policies has resulted in the increase need for healthcare professionals particularly Medical Office Assistants (Administrative Medical Office Assistants)
- Medical Office Assistants salary package may include sick / vacation pay, health insurance, including dental benefits, retirement plans, bonuses, etc.