Heating and cooling systems have taken a different avatar during the past two decades. Until lately, HVAC systems were not star certified. It was wasting massive amounts precious energy and money every time people heated or cooled their homes. Nowadays, variable-speed heaters and air conditioners have the facility to adjust the airflow in homes/offices automatically. They can keep large spaces/large buildings comfortable without wasting much energy therefore saving a substantial amount on the electricity bill.
Nowadays, modern commercial HVAC/R systems use extensive software programs. Commercial HVAC/R technicians must have a basic understanding of computer operations along with sophisticated tools and systems such as CO testers, combustion analyzers, voltmeters, etc., employed in the commercial HVAC/R systems. It is also mandatory for both commercial and residential air-conditioning systems to adhere to the state and federal regulations.
Some of the HVAC/R features you need to consider before zeroing on a particular HVAC/R system are listed below:
- Geothermal heating and cooling HVAC/R system
- High energy conservation features
- Customized individual control settings
- HVAC/R system equipped with the advanced scroll compressors
- Smart thermostats
HVAC Industry/HVAC Jobs in CT
According to the Careeronestop.org, the state of Connecticut has approximately:
- 41% of Heating and Air Conditioning Mechanics and Installers were high school diploma or equivalent holders.
- 11% of Heating and Air Conditioning Mechanics and Installers completed less than a high school diploma.
- 28% of Heating and Air Conditioning Mechanics and Installers had some college or no degree.
- Salaries reported for Heating and Air Conditioning Mechanics and Installers were between $37,610 to $83,630.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (May 2017 Statistical Data):
- The yearly mean salary/pay for Heating and Air Conditioning Mechanics and Installers in Connecticut was $ $61,220 and CT was one of the highest paying states in the USA.
- Bridgeport-Stamford-Norwalk, CT boasted as one of the top paying metropolitan areas for the Heating and Air Conditioning Mechanics and Installers in the USA with an average mean wage of $65,720.